This document describes importing Crimson® 2.0 and Crimson® 3.0 Databases for G3HMI products into Crimson® 3.1 to be used on Graphite and CR3000 HMIs.
G3 Series HMIs: G306C000/G306A000, G308C000/G308C100/G308A210/G308A230, G310C000/G310S000/G310C210/G310C230/G310S210/G310S230/G310R210/G310R230, G315C000/G315C210/G315C230
CR3000 Series HMIs: CR30000400000310, CR30000700000420, CR30001000000420, CR30001500000420
Graphite Series HMIs: G07C0000/G07S0000, G09C0000/G09C1000, G10C0000/G10C1000/G10S000/G10S1000/G10R0000/G10R1000, G12C0000/G12C1100/G12S1100, G15C0000/G15C1100
Use Case: G3 Series HMIs to CR3000/Graphite Conversion
The CR3000 and Graphite line of HMIs is superseding the G3 series line of HMIs. This document describes the conversion process.
Import Process for Crimson 2.0 Files (Skip down to Crimson 3.0 import process if using Crimson 3.0):
If using an older G3 series HMI, it is possible to take an existing Crimson 2.0 data base into 3.1, but the Crimson 2.0 database needs to be error checked and imported into 3.0 where the final import to 3.1 will eventually occur. Follow the below steps to validate errors on tags and convert to version 2 when applicable.
1. The first step is to validate tags in the Crimson 2.0 project. Go to the Data tags section and at the top of the menu where file, edit, and view are, select Tag drop down. In the Tag drop down select Validate All Tags. If nothing happens then there are no errors on any tags, and you can continue the conversion process.
Crimson will return a message stating that there are errors if there are any. Crimson will ask if you would like to copy to clipboard. In this case select Yes, then open Notepad, right click and select paste and this will paste the error locations and problems in the database. Any errors in the database need to be addressed and fixed prior to importing into later software.
If tag validation was successful and or Tag errors have been fixed, then we can proceed with step 2 in making sure the Crimson 2.0 database is converted to the Version 2. Some G3 HMI Crimson 2.0 databases will already be in Version 2 mode. If that is the case simply save the database and move on to import into 3.0.
2. In the Crimson 2.0 file error free, click File then select Convert to V2. Nothing will occur, save this file in a location where it can be located to import into Crimson 3.0.
3. Open Crimson 3.0, select File, then select Import. Locate and select the saved Crimson 2.0 database discussed in steps 1 and 2, then select open.
After the import is completed make sure that the Errors indicator in the lower right-hand corner is greyed out. If it is, then we can proceed to the next step.
Importing Crimson 3.0 Databases into Crimson 3.1:
Note: G3 series HMIs have physical Softkey buttons on the left side. There are no Crimson 3.1 based products that have physical softkeys. If the Crimson 3.0 database has configured softkeys, then these buttons need to be unmapped prior to importing into Crimson 3.1.
1. Find out if there are mapped softkeys in the Crimson 3.0 database. To do this, go to the display pages section and click on the first page in the left-hand navigation pane.
Any softkey that is mapped will either be Green or Purple. Softkeys that have no color means that they are not mapped.
2. To clear any button mappings and actions simply right click on each button and select Clear. Repeat this for any softkey button that is colored green or purple. Once the buttons are clear, save the Crimson 3.0 file to a location for importing into Crimson 3.1.
Softkey actions that have been removed will need to have touch screen buttons created that call those actions after importing to Crimson 3.1.
G3 to CR3000/Graphite Conversion (3.0 to 3.1):
1. Open Crimson 3.1, select File then select Import. Locate the saved G3 HMI Crimson 3.0 database, then select open.
Crimson 3.1 will automatically know the upgrade model closest to the G3 HMI. Select your upgrade model out of the list of offered models and select Ok. Save the newly imported 3.1 file and make sure there are no database errors. At this point the database file should be in Crimson 3.1 selected for the new upgrade model that you have and can be downloaded to your CR3000 or Graphite HMI.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement