10 March 2023
EtherTRAK-2 modules are primarily designed as remote I/O modules. With dual Ethernet ports and RS485 it can also make for a very effective Modbus or Sixnet UDR I/O Concentrator. Depending on the specifics of the application the EtherTRAK-2 may be a good option for an I/O Concentrator. Please be aware of the limitations in the EtherTRAK-2 module (See below).
Use Case: EtherTRAK-2 Modules can be used as an I/O Concentrator
Sixnet I/O Tool Kit
Limitations to consider when using the EtherTRAK-2 as an I/O Concentrator
- The E2-16DIAC-D and E2-16DORLY-D are compliant to UL Class 1 Div II, but are NOT ATEX certified. All other EtherTRAK-2 are compliant to UL Class 1 Div II and ATEX certified. See Product user manual.
- Only support Modbus and Sixnet UDP/IP master – UDP and TCP are supported as slave.
- Only support the following number of I/O
- 448 – DI (512 total, first 64 are reserved for on-board I/O and diagnostics)
- 448 – DO (512 total, first 64 reserved)
- 224 – AI (256 Total, first 32 reserved)
- 224 - AO (256 Total, first 32 reserved)
- Fastest scan rate is 1s.
- Maximum number of transfers is 48.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement