Patches or packages may be provided by Red Lion. These patches\packages can be installed on the RTU using the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit configuration software. The patch is downloaded, selected for download and install to the RTU in the “Files to Load” tab. Once selected the patch or package is loaded to the RTU using the Operations>Load>Load Advanced operation. After the patch is installed cycle power to the RTU for the operation to take effect. Repeat the Load Advanced operation every time firmware is loaded to the RTU.
Sixnet I/O Tool Kit Configuration software
Use Case: Installing patches or packages on an RTU using the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit
How to install a patch or package with the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit
- Connect to RTU Port via Serial port or the Ethernet Port.
- Using the Tool Kit program, go to Configure>Configure Station\Module.
- Go to the “Files to Load” tab.
- Select “Add a File.”
- Select “Install a Tar File” and click OK.
- Select the downloaded patch file. See the “Relevant Patch” named above in the “products and versions affected” section. Check the “Install Tar file” checkbox. Load as destination must be the root directory. Click OK.
- The “Files to Load” tab has the patch listed. Click OK.
- Next, load the patch to the RTU. Go to Operations>Load>Load Advanced. Select the user file and click load.
- Once loaded cycle power to the system. This must be done every time the firmware is loaded to the RTU.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement