This document describes importing Crimson® 3.0 and Crimson® 3.1 Databases into Crimson® 3.2
Products: Graphite HMIs/Controllers, CR1000/CR3000 HMIs, Data Station Series.
G07C0000/G07S000, G09C0000/G09C1000, G10C0000/G10S0000/G10C1000/G10S1000/G10R0000/G10R1000, G12C0000/G12C1100/G12S1100, G15C0000/G15C1100, GRAC0001
CR10000400000210, CR10000700000210, CR10001000000210, CR30000400000310, CR30000700000420, CR30001000000420, CR30001500000420
The CR1000/CR3000, Data Stations, and Graphite HMIs/Controllers are now supported in Crimson 3.2. This document describes the conversion process. Graphite HMIs/Controllers are the only series currently that support Crimson 3.0 and 3.1.
Import Process for Crimson 3.0 and Crimson 3.1 Files
The import process is the same whether your product is running Crimson 3.0 or 3.1.
1. Open Crimson 3.2
2. Click File then select Open.
3. Change the file type to either Crimson 3.0 or Crimson 3.1 databases.
4. Once you select the file type, find your saved Crimson 3.0 or 3.1 database, select it and select open.
5. Selecting open will bring the file into 3.2 where Crimson 3.2 will ask you to pick a model. Select the appropriate model that you are wanting to update to Crimson 3.2.
6. Once the model is selected, make sure there are no errors in the database. There is an error icon in Crimson at the bottom right corner of the file. It should be greyed out.
7. The next step is downloading your Crimson 3.2 database that you just imported from 3.0/3.1 to your RedLion device.
- You can connect using any USB type A to B printer cable (*This is the preferred method for first-time downloads of Crimson 3.2)
- If you have Ethernet download enabled previously, you can download over TCP/IP.
8. Once the download goes through and the device is running Crimson 3.2, see below for information on what has changed between 3.0/3.1 and 3.2 with the models mentioned above.
- 3.2 TCP/IP download will now require a username and password (TCP/IP only)
- We have a default username and password that you can use for the first time.
- Default username: admin
- Default password: password
- USB updates do not require you to use a username and password.
9. If you want to change the default username and password, you can do so following the below.
- Go to the newly added device configuration section. (See Crimson 3.2 user manual for more information on this section)
- At the bottom of the Device Configuration section, you will see User Configuration. Click on that and make sure the setting Download Included is set to yes.
- Next click on Local Users below User Configuration. Look in the center window and select the green pencil icon next to the first user entry to edit the username and password.
- Once the username and password have been changed, you can download those changes over USB or TCP/IP keeping in mind that TCP/Ip will ask you to log on so you would need to use the previous default admin and password.
- With the new device configuration section comes equipped with our new system web server. The system webserver is disabled by default. If you want to use this feature, enabled it from the below.
- With the system webserver enabled and downloaded to the device, you can hit the system web server, by entering the RedLion device's IP address in a web browser.
- The system webserver will display basic information and network information. This also provides the ability to view and or edit any settings that you see in the Device Configuration section. See below example of what the system webserver shows and does.
- For any models that support the remote view virtual HMI webserver, you can get to that via selecting Runtime in the system webserver.
- Once you are in the remote runtime webserver, you can select System in the same location to go back to the system webserver.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement