The conjunction compensation (CJC) sensors are used to measure the temperature of the screw terminals, so the E3 module can accurately cancel out the cold junctions made by the Thermocouple wire and screw terminal. It may be necessary at times to observe CJC temperatures readings. The easiest way to see what that temperature sensors are reading is using a web browser on a computer connected to the E3-16ISOTC-1. Observe the temperature values in the watch window.
Use Case: Check the status of CJC temperature sensors
Open web browser and read sensors
- Verify the E3-16ISOTC-1 network jumper, located under the configuration door, is set to either “passthru” or “2-Nets.”
- Connect an Ethernet cable from a computer to the Ethernet 1 port on the E3-16ISOTC-1.
- Set the computer’s IP address to manual with a compatible IP address to E3-16ISOTC-1 (default IP address) and compatible subnet mask (default is 255.255.255.0). Use the instructions below for help in changing the computers Ethernet Port Settings.
- Power-up the E3-16ISOTC-1 and open the computer’s web browser. Type ‘192.168.1.21’ in the address bar and press enter (192.168.1.21 is the default IP address on the Ethernet 1 port when shipped from Red Lion.
- Go to Tools>Read Local I/O. Then click the “Refresh page every X seconds” check box. Click on the “Analog In” tab. Channels AI17 to AI 20 are the CJC channels which will be displaying the temperature of the screw terminals of the E3-16ISOTC-1.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement