Things you will need
- 9 to 9 pin (Patch/Straight Through) Serial cable or USB to serial
- The JBM C series device
- This software package that includes: TeraTerm install, CseriesFirmUp.ttl, and The firmware file (500v183.bin
NOTE: This process will wipe all changes off of the device and set it back to factory defaults.
- Extract the all the files to your desktop
- Double-click the teraterm-4.77.exe file to start the installer
- Click “Next” on all the prompts, then click “Install” on the last prompt. This will install TeraTerm with the default settings.
- Now that installation is finished copy and paste the 500v183.bin file to the root directory of the TeraTerm installation. (C:\Program Files\teraterm for 32bit Windows or C:\Program Files (x86)\terraterm for 64bit Windows.
Before We Go Any Further
Please take a moment to observe the Model number on your device, it should look something like Gateway C201B-V or C200B-V+1. The last letter in the Model number denotes the carrier for the device. (C1xx Model numbers can ignore this and skip to section “Connecting Device to Computer”)
With these devices once this firmware process is complete you will need to refer to Installing a Configuration Package through Console.doc and install the jbmpat021810_jbminit139_1xxb.zip file to re-activate.
Due to the Verizon buyout of ALLTEL these devices will no longer provision and will not pull down a Cellular IP address. Please refer to the technote_Alltel_V_Buyout.pdf provided for more explaination. These devices can be converted to a dial to IP devices please refer to DialtoIPConversion.doc
To re-activate these devices you will need to contact Sprint to obtain the MDN, the MIN, and the SPC Unlock Code. Once this is done refer to the SprintActivation.doc
These devices will activate automatically. If you have any issues with activation please contact Contour at 866-576-9933.
Connecting Device to Computer
- Please make sure the device is not plugged into power until instructed.
- Connect the 9 to 9 pin (Patch/Straight Through) Serial cable or USB to serial cable to the Console (DCE) on the back of the device next to the power port.
- Connect the other end of the 9 to 9 pin (Patch/Straight Through) to the 9 pin port on your PC or the USB to Serial cable into a USB port on your PC.
- Open Up TeraTerm
- Choose your serial connection. (For the 9 to 9 pin connection is generally COM1, for USB to Serial choose the COM connection associated with your USB to Serial Adaptor) Then click “OK”
- Navigate to Setup> Serial Port. And make sure the settings are as follows. Then click “OK”.
- Navigate to Control> Macro. Select the CseriesFirmUp.ttl file. Then click “Open”
- Now you can plug the device in and it will start the firmware upgrade process automatically.
- This process should take around 30 minutes to complete. Once finished you should see this screen.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement