Confirmation of a Managed Switch
This information applies only to managed switches. The following part numbers support this procedure:
An x can indicate any number or letter. All other part numbers are for unmanaged or ring switches and are treated as plug and play.
- In Switch firmware versions 5.0 and later, firmware loading can be done directly from the web interface. Login to the switch with your web browser of choice. The default username and password are admin/admin .
- To install a new firmware version, click on the Install Firmware menu under Main Settings:
- From this page, firmware can be installed by uploading it from your computer, as well as the ability to upload from a remote TFTP, HTTP(s) or (S)FTP. For this guide, the local upload will be used.
- To select the firmware image you wish to load, click on the browser button and choose the appropriate file. The firmware file should have a .fwb extension. Enter the MD5 sum in the appropriate box if desired.
- Click button to begin the transfer. This process will take several minutes.
- To confirm the new image was transferred and to select it as the default image, click on the Manage Installed Firmware menu.
- Click the radio button next to the image you would like the switch to use on startup. This page also indicates which image is currently running, as well as the version numbers and health status of both images
- Once you have selected the correct image, click on the Commit Changes and cycle power to the switch to use the new image.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement