Industrial Networking Tech Note 14 - TNIN14
This document describes how to change the management VLAN on Sixnet series switches.
SLX-8MG / SLX-10MG / SLX-16MS / SLX-18MG / EK26 / EK32 / ET-8MS-OEM / ET-8MG-MIL-1
Use the steps below to change the management VLAN to something other than the default of 1.
- Go to the VLAN settings page and select VLAN Mode of Standard in the drop down.
- Click on the Add VLAN button to create a VLAN.
NOTE: You must select a VLAN ID and at least 2 ports to participate in the VLAN.
- Click on the Commit Changes Button.
- Click on VLAN Port Settings and change the PVID of the port(s) that you wish to have management of the switch on for the new management VLAN. Note - Select a port that you are not currently connected to or you will lose management of the switch.
- Click on Commit Changes.
- Click on VLAN Settings and change the Management VLAN from 1 to desired number (in this example 123).
- Click on Commit Changes. Note - You will now be locked out of the Web U/I until you connect to the port(s) that you've configured for the PVID of the Management VLAN (In this example, Port 1).
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement