This document guides users to configure and manage Serial ports on Red Lion's FlexEdge devices.
FlexEdge DA50A, DA70A
Web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
FlexEdge devices have two (DA50a) or three (DA70a) serial ports that provides access to different features, depending on the serial port mode selection.
1. Log into the FlexEdge Web User Interface (UI) using an account with full Admin privilege/access rights. From the menu, click Configuration, Hardware, click the Serial tab, Base Unit.
2. Select System Services for the serial port you are planning to utilize. On FlexEdge devices, the Base Unit section is used to select the type of serial communication port installed.
3. Navigate to Configuration, System, click Serial Server
4. Select Base Port 1
5. Enter the TCP port. This option provides access to the serial port using TCP.
For Baud rate, select the baud rate used by the device to which you want to connect.
For Data bits, select the number of data bits used by the device to which you want to connect.
For Stop bits, select the number of stop bits used by the device to which you want to connect.
For Parity, select the type of parity used by the device to which you want to connect.
6. Click the green floppy disk sign to save the configuration and apply the change.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement