Industrial Automation Tech Note 13 - TNIA13
This document describes how to add custom Fonts, including expanded Glyphs, to Crimson 3 databases.
Red Lion Controls CR1000 Human Machine Interface (HMI), CR3000 HMI, Data Station Plus (Excludes LE), G3 HMI, G3 Kadet HMI, Graphite® Controller, Graphite HMI, Modular Controller (Excludes LE and V2), and ProducTVity Station™
Problem Solved: Using Custom Fonts along with Translations
The Hei 16 and 24 Fonts are the only included options that support the FULL Character set. Follow the steps in this documents to use the full character set of a custom Font.
Crimson® 3.0, or 3.1
Required Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 7, or above
Using Custom Fonts
1. Use a non-system Font by clicking Pick… next to the Font selection in a Data or Text Box.
2. Observe the ?? in the preview window of Figure 1, this is because Crimson is not using the full Arial 18 character set.
3. Click on Display Pages in the Navigation Pane.
4. Click on Pages at the top of the page list in the Navigation Pane.
5. Referring to Figure 2, click on the Fonts tab in the Editing Pane.
6. Click on Manage Font Database in the Editing Pane
7. Double-click the Font to modify.
8. Click Yes to accept the warning that this action cannot be undone (using undo) and will clear the undo list.
9. Referring to Figure 3, select the options required by the translations that will be used in this database.
10. Click OK.
11. Click Close.
12. Click on the page to refresh the preview.
13. Observe the correct characters are now displayed.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement