Industrial Automation Tech Note 18 - TNIA18
This document outlines updating the USB driver.
Red Lion Controls CR1000 Human Machine Interface (HMI), CR3000 HMI, Data Station Plus (DSP), G3 HMI, Graphite® Controller, Graphite HMI, Modular Controller, and ProducTVity Station™
Problem Solved: USB Connectivity Issues
Trouble downloading via USB may indicate an issue with the USB driver. If Windows Device Manager shows HMI as device/driver name, it is not using the correct driver, it should show G3 HMI. Even if G3 HMI is shown, there may still be a driver issue.
This procedure must be followed precisely, otherwise Windows will end up using information that it has cached, and will not force the driver to reinstall. This may result in different version being used, which is suspected of being a problem. Even if Windows has the proper version cached, forcing Windows to release and reinstall it can resolve issues caused by an improper installation.
1. Right click the HMI or G3 HMI device.
2. Select Update Driver Software.
3. DO NOT click Next, instead choose the bottom option Browse my computer for driver software.
4. In the next dialog select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
5. On the next page you click the Have Disk button.
6. In the Install From Disk dialog, browse to the following location:
a. "C:\Program Files\Red Lion Controls\Crimson 3.0\Device\G3USB" *
b. Note: If it is a 64 bit system, use the Program Files (x86) directory.
7. In this Locate File dialog, select the g3usb.inf file, and click Open.
8. In the Install From Disk dialog, select OK.
9. Now click Next to force the driver to reinstall this specific driver.
NOTE: If using Crimson 2, the procedure is the same, but the directory is “C:\Program Files\Red Lion Controls\Crimson 2.0\Device”
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement