Industrial Automation Tech Note 41 - TNIA41
This document describes how to set up the Honeywell IPC620 driver in Crimson Software.
CR1000 HMI / CR3000 HMI / DA Series Data Station / Graphite® HMI / Graphite Controller / PTV / Data Station Plus / Modular Controller / G3 HMI / G3 Kadet HMI
Use Case: Communicating with a Honeywell IPC620
Configuring the Honeywell IPC620 Serial Driver in Crimson.
Crimson 2.0 / Crimson 3.0 / Crimson 3.1
Referring to Figure 1:
1. Navigate to the Communications section.
2. Select the RS-485 Port.
3. Click on the Pick button.
4. Scroll to and select Honeywell under Manufacturer in the Driver Selection window.
5. Select IPC620 under Driver.
Configuring the Port
Referring to Figure 2, set up the port parameters to match the Honeywell device.
1. Port Selection
2. Port Settings
a. Baud Rate
b. Data Bits
c. Stop Bits
e. Port Mode
Creating and Mapping Tags
Referring to Figure 3:
1. Navigate to the Data Tags section.
2. Create a new Numeric tag.
3. Select the new tag (Tag1).
4. Change the Source from Internal to PLC1.
5. Select the appropriate Data Item, see Figure 4.
NOTE: Consult the controller’s documentation for the mapping of individual registers and their functionality.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement