|ST-IPM 6350 or 2350|
|System Requirements||Windows NT-XP|
ISaGRAF Open is version 5 of ISaGRAF with specific Sixnet enhancements. ISaGRAF open includes the ISaGRAF V5 editor as well as V3 features for backward compatibility for installed RTUs. Based on the IEC 61131-3 Standard, ISaGRAF supports all five programming languages: Sequential function chart, ladder diagram, structured text, instruction list, and function block diagram. It also supports flow chart language.
Loading IPm Controller ISaGRAF program within the ISaGRAF Open workbench
To download an ISaGRAF program onto an IPm, ISaGRAF open must know the target controller.
- From the main ISaGRAF window select Tools --> Communication Link Setup
- Choose method of communication with station
- Choose the single station radio button
- Choose the “use project file settings” radio button and navigate to Sixnet Tool Kit project file
- Default location is C:\SIXNET tools\Projects\
- Load ISaGRAF Program
- From the main ISaGRAF window select Debug --> Download (Ctrl + M)
- Select Resource (check box)
- Select Save on target after download
- Select Start after download
The IPm is now configured and running the ISaGRAF program.
PID Loop Transfers
It is EASY to do transfers in the sxPIDr block.
All you have to do is the following
- Do an internal transfer into the manual setpoint from the holding register you want to move into it
- Put the PID block in manual (Once you put the PID block in manual it will automatically write the value in the “manual setpoint” to the output value)
- Then do an internal block move for all the rest of the setting if they are different from the back up block. (They should not be)
- Then put the block back into auto mode and the block will start calculating the output from the data you moved into
Limitations of ISaGRAF demo mode
The limitations of demo mode for ISaGRAF Open Workbench:
- No export / Import (exchange format)
- Projects are encrypted in demo version, cannot be transferred to a licensed ISaGRAF workbench, also the demo mode cannot receive any project from any other Workbench.
- POU are encrypted.
The SxTRIG function in an IsaGRAF program is used to command Sixlog to store the data record. Please look below for detailed explanation of SxTRIG function
This function provides a run-once trigger signal for events such as datalogging and I/O transfers between stations. When activated, the SxTRIG function instructs a SIXNET station to log a single datalog record (Sixlog software required) or perform a single I/O exchange (I/O Transfers table in the station’s configuration).
All IPm-based controllers that support ISaGRAF have a limit of 256 triggers, regardless of the model number.
Event_Signal Boolean This is the boolean that activates the SxTRIG function on a rising edge. The R_Trig block provides the rising edge detection.
‘Trigger_Name’ Message This is the trigger name that will be passed to the station each time the event signal input goes TRUE. This text should be entered as a constant, in single quotes. As an alternative, you can create a Message variable in the ISaGRAF Dictionary and reference that message variable name here (no quotes). In the Dictionary record, enter the desired trigger name in the "Init" field. Be sure to set the "Maximum length" value accordingly.
Note: Trigger names must start with a letter or underscore and must not exceed 16 characters in length.
Return Value Type
Return Boolean This boolean output will be TRUE while the trigger is being processed, otherwise it will be FALSE.
Note: The return value reflects the status of the trigger signal only. It does not indicate the completion status of the activity being controlled by the trigger, such as datalogging or an I/O Transfer in a station. Since these activities are treated as separate tasks in the station, they may not be processed immediately upon receipt of the trigger signal. Therefore, when using SxTRIG to control datalogging, it may be desirable to copy the data (to be logged) to a temporary variable before calling SxTRIG. This will help prevent the data from possibly changing before it is logged by the station.
- To create a single datalog record, specify the same "trigger name" text in the "Log on Event Name" field of the Capture Parameters view of the Sixlog Configuration window. (Enter the name only. Do not put single quotes around the name.) A single datalog record will be logged each time a rising edge of
the event signal input is detected.
- To have a single I/O exchange take place, specify the same "trigger name" text in the "Trigger Name" field of the Action Definition window of the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit. Each Action that has the trigger name specified will run once, each time a rising edge of the event signal input is detected.
(* In the Dictionary there is a FB Instance of R_TRIG, called "RTRIG1". There is also a FB Instance of SxTRIG, called "Log_data". *)
Example: (* This call will cause the trigger "log_once" to activate when the rising edge-detected event signal "high_alm" goes TRUE. This function will work with a datalog file and cause a single record to be logged each time the trigger is activated. Log_data is the FB Instance name for SxTRIG.*)
Log_data (high_alm, ‘log_once’);
IsaGRAF Open License
- Install ISaGRAF Open Work bench Software.
- Plug the key into the PC.
- Open the ISaGRAF license manager (c:/Programs->SIXNET ISaGRAF Open->Licensing).
- You should see User Codes 1 and 2. Send an email to email@example.com with the user codes1, 2 and serial number of the key. You will receive instructions back to complete the process.
Note: The ISaGRAF Open license is tied to the Tool Kit registration, so you must either have the Tool Kit already registered before you can register ISaGRAF Open or register the Tool Kit and ISaGRAF Open workbench at the same time.
Issue: File Version Error Workaround
File Version Error Workaround
A common user issues when the Workbench is in demo mode. Error message appears when trying to open POU “Cannot open POU”.
The most common way to have this message is to create or open a POU in a demo version, and then send it to someone who has a full version. This error can also occur if a template or demo project has been created / opened with a demo version and added to a release version.
To solve the problem, open the project on the computer where it has been encrypted (the one which was running in demo mode) and save the project back using a licensed copy of ISaGRAF. Saving the program on a licensed copy of ISaGRAF will allow the program to be opened by any copy of ISaGRAF
The key is connected to PC but the Workbench will:
a) Only run in Demo Mode (first 30 days)
b) The Workbench will not open
- Verify that only one key should be connected to PC at any time.
- Try a different USB port on PC being used.
- Verify that the part number of the key connected if for the correct Workbench. ISaGRAF Open will not run with V3 keys (Part Numbers start with ST). V3.47 ISaGRAF Workbench will not run with ISaGRAF Open (Part numbers start with SX)
- Open the ISaGRAF Open License Manager and verify under Selected Component if “ISAGRAF 5 Hard (Active) – xxx” is in the list. If not, install or re-install the latest Sentinel Drivers.
A user cannot download due to this message:
Trouble shooting/Solution: Open the Tool Kit and go to Help > Registration > Register ISaGRAF Open.
If the Key is not found, please contact Sixnet.
Sixnet supports a remote upgrade process that will setup the key ID. A registration file will also be sent. A valid registration will look like this:
Issue: When attempting to debug a program, the debugger window symbol is not first ICON in the list below.
Typically the Icon should be the first Icon in the list. Review the following symbols and descriptions and resolve accordingly:
Trouble shooting/Solution:' If the IsaGRAF program doesn’t compile and just hangs up, go to C:\Program Files\SIXNET IsaGRAF Open\Projects and check if Pro50. is seen as a directory as shown in the image below.
If yes, please replace it with Pro50.lf file attached here
Trouble shooting/Solution:' If the IsaGRAF software doesn’t show the "communication link setup" option and you have/had installed another version of IsaGRAF, perform the following steps
•Unzip here and extract "Remove 5.2 key.reg" file
•Close Tool Kit (if running)
•Close ISaGRAF (if running)
•Right-click on the "Remove 5.2 key.reg" file
•Click on "Yes" button
•Click on "OK" button
•Start Tool Kit.
Q: I see the compiler generating Error L21? What does this error mean?
A: A default number of temporary variables for Boolean, analog, timer and message I/O types are reserved for the IsaGRAF compiler to use if needed. The compiler will generate Error L 21 if insufficient variables are reserved. If this error is encountered, edit the ISA.INI file in your ISAWIN\EXE directory and increase the MNTV values as needed. To estimate temporary variable usage, select Project --> Cross References. Then, in the Cross References window, select Tools --> Statistics. The Statistics window will show the approximate number of variables needed.
Q: My Sentinel key is not getting detected anymore. I have my laptop connected to the docking station sometimes and I have tried every USB port.How to get around this issue?
The problem comes from a know issue with the protection key driver (From Sentinel Safenet). The key driver must be "reset" to work in both hardware profiles.
To solve the problem, please try the following: Sentinel key full remove + install (docking station problem)
1. Verify that the USB port is working correctly.
2. Log in as Administrator
3. For a USB key, insert the USB key.
From Start | Settings | Control Panel | System | Hardware | Device Manager. Expand Universal Serial Bus (USB). Uninstall the SafeNet USB SuperPro/UltraPro/SafeNet Sentinel Hardware Key device(s).
Uninstall all of the USB Root Hub. (These will be recreated at the next computer restart.)
4. Unplug the key.
5. Remove the old Sentinel Protection Server/Driver/Combo and reinstall the Sentinel Protection Installer. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Select both the Sentinel Protection Installer and Sentinel System Driver, and then click Remove.
DO NOT RESTART THE COMPUTER AT THIS TIME!
6. Download and run (as Administrator) the SSDCleanup utility version 126.96.36.199.
Download the 32 bit edition from the link: http://www2.safenet-inc.com/support/files/SSDCleanup_188.8.131.52.zip
7. Make sure the following Sentinel Driver files have been removed from your system:
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sentinel.sys (32-bit Parallel Port Driver)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sntnlusb.sys (32-bit USB Driver)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sentinel64.sys (64-bit Parallel Port Driver)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\sntusb64.sys (64-bit USB Driver)
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\skeysusb.sys (32-bit SHK USB Driver)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel (Delete driver/server below this directory)
8. Make sure the following Sentinel Server files have been removed from your system:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Protection Server\WinNT\spnsrvnt.exe
(SuperPro/UltraPro Protection Server)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Protection Server\WinNT\spnsrvnt.exe
(SuperPro/UltraPro Protection Server)
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Keys Server\sntlkeyssrvr.exe
(SHK Protection Server)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel Keys Server\sntlkeyssrvr.exe
(SHK Protection Server)
If ACCESS DENIED, then Start | Settings | Control Panel |Administrative Tools | Services. Select Sentinel Protection / Keys Server. STOP the service, and then delete spnsrvnt.exe / sntlkeyssrvr.exe.
9. Shut Down and Restart the computer system.
10. Run Regedit to clean up the Windows Registry. Select the very top line of “My Computer”.
Edit > Find and search for Sentinel. Deleted all registry entries related to the Sentinel Drivers and/or Sentinel Servers.
11. Shut Down and Restart the computer system.
12. Install the new Sentinel Protection Installer v7.6.
13. Plug in the key.
14. Download the Sentinel Advanced Medic utility ( http://www2.safenet-inc.com/support/files/Sam131.exe ) and run SAM with “Enable Logging” turned. Send me this log file.
16. Test the application software as well
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement