The Sixnet I/O Tool Kit requires registration for some functions and to have stop asking to register. Configuration of the I/O Module and simple RTU configurations can be accomplished with the free license. Advanced functionality can be obtained with paid licenses can be purchased. All features and part numbers are listed in this technical note. The process to request licenses with the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit software is shown in this technical not as well.
Use Case: Registering the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit for Configuration
Sixnet I/O Tool Kit 5.0.100 or above
Registration options and part numbers
There are four main feature sets in the Sixnet I/O Tool Kit Basic, SCS Support, Datalog and IPm Advanced. The table below shows the functionality for each feature set. To purchase a feature contact your sales contact.
The part numbers and descriptions below describe how the licensing works.
- SXTOOLS-1 – Not used. The basic feature set is free. Simply request a basic license with the Tool Kit over Email.
- SXTOOLS-2 – Two common feature sets. This registration allows you to have Basic plus any other common feature set.
- SXTOOLS-3 – Three common feature sets. This registration allows you to have Basic plus two other common feature set.
- SXTOOLS-4 – Four common feature sets. This registration allows you to have Basic plus three other common feature set.
- SXTOOLS-P – Special purchase only available with the purchase of VT-mIPm-248-D/VT-mIPm-138-D/VT-mIPm-245-D/VT-mIPm-135-D. This registration allows you to have Basic plus SCS Support, Datalogging and one license of SXIPM-AGA-X and SXIPM-DNP3-X for each RTU purchased.
Add-on Software are features that are only available in RTUs. Some are site licensed (applies to all RTUs, one license for all RTUs) and some are single copy license (Applies to one RTU, one licenses is required for each RTU). Please see the table below. Timed demo licenses can be requested by sending an Email to email@example.com or through a sales representative. Please indicate the reason and requested time period the demo would be used for.
Requesting a Free Registration
Requesting a Basic license can be done in a few steps.
- Go to Help > About I/O Tool Kit.
- Click on “Request Registration Number.”
- Follow the wizard an enter the information requested.
- When you get to the “Registration Levels” screen select “Basic” and leave the serial number blank.
- On the last screen use the “Save as File” option. Do not use “Email” or “Print Fax” options. Email the attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requesting a paid registration
To request a paid registration level or Add-on software registration a purchase for the software must first be made. With the purchase of the tool kit software license a pre-paid serial number will be provided.
Please follow the steps above for free registration. When you get to the “Registration Levels” screen enter the pre-paid serial number and enter the registration levels desired.
To register add-on software please send a request to email@example.com with proof of purchase.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement