Industrial Ethernet Tech Note
This document describes how to configure an N-Tron series switch to assign a predefined IP address per port. The use of this feature is limited to ports with only one DHCP Client device connected to a switch port configured to provide a Local IP Address. Connecting more than one DHCP Client device via an up-linked switch or hub to port configured with Local IP is not supported.
N-Tron 700/7000 series switches
Use the steps below to configure the feature on 700/7000 series switch.
1. Log into the switch Web GUI and go to DHCP.
2. Click on Relay & Local IP and select Setup from the sidebar menu.
Note: Leave Relay Status Disabled.
3. Select Assign Local IP from the Relay Status drop down box.
4. Enter the IP address that will be assigned to the device connected to each configured port.
5. Update and Save the switch configuration.
6. Connect the device to a port configured with a valid Local IP assignment and ensure the device is configured as a DHCP Client to obtain an IP address automatically.
8. Power on the device.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement