Industrial Ethernet Tech Note
The Bootloader image can be updated on the NT24K using either the Web UI or N-View 2. The use of N-View 2 is an ideal solution in the event you need to update the Bootloader image on more than one device.
Web Interface Method.
1. Go to the File Transfer menu and select Transfer Type: "Upgrade Bootloader Firmware".
2. Select the appropriate bootloader.tar file.
3. Click on the [Upgrade] button
Note, - This process will reboot the switch.
N-View 2 Method
1. Download and install the N-View 2 application.
2. From the Files Tab, select Add a File.
3. Select the Bootloader or Image file if needed. This will copy the files to the N-View 2 files directory.
Note - N-View 2 has its own integrated TFTP server. If you have a TFTP service running, you will need to disable it for this feature to function correctly.
You can use the Scheduler for multiple switches and it will queue the switches and do them one at a time at a user defined schedule.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement