This document describes using the send.exe command-line utility to query a unit's IP address via a USB or RS232 Connection.
Red Lion Controls CR1000 Human Machine Interface (HMI), CR3000 HMI, Data Acquisition (DA10, DA30), Data Station Plus, FlexEdge™ (DA50D, DA70D), G3 HMI, G3 Kadet HMI, Graphite® Controller, Graphite HMI, Modular Controller, and ProducTVity Station™
On the HMI units, it is easy enough to add a primitive that uses the GetNetIP() function to display the IP address that a unit received via DHCP, however, the display-less units need another option. The send.exe command-line utility allows one to query the unit via a USB or RS232 connection, which is more convenient than looking for the unit's MAC ID in the DHCP server.
Both Crimson 3.0 and 3.1 install the send.exe file in the Utils subdirectory, see Figure 1.
Accessing the Utility
1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the Crimson 3.x folder.
2. Right-click the Utils folder.
3. Choose Command Prompt Here.
'Full' Command Prompt Method
1. Click the Start Menu or Win+R.
2. Type "cmd".
3. Press the Enter key.
4. As shown in Figure 2, navigate to the Utils folder.
Using Send to Query the Unit's IP
1. Type "send -port -ip X", replacing port with "usb", "com1", "com2", etc... and X with the TCP interface you are querying. Figure 3 shows using USB to query the IP of the first enabled port.
2. Press the Enter key.
3. The unit's IP will be displayed, an "*" indicates the unit has not received an IP address.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement