This document describes using the Siemens S7-300/400 TCP/IP Master driver to communicate with a Siemens Logo! Basic module.
Red Lion Controls CR1000 Human Machine Interface (HMI), CR3000 HMI, Data Acquisition (DA10, DA30), Data Station Plus, FlexEdge™ (DA50D, DA70D), G3 HMI, G3 Kadet HMI, Graphite® Controller, Graphite HMI, Modular Controller, and ProducTVity Station™
Communicating with a Siemens Logo! module.
Red Lion has not had the chance to test all of the Logo! modules, the mapping mentioned below are the ones that Red Lion or customers have verified with the modules that have been tested.
Crimson Communication Configuration
1. Navigate to the COmmunications section.
2. Click on Network (Crimson 3.x) or Ethernet (Crimson 2.0).
3. Configure the Ethernet port as required for the application.
4. Click on the first available Protocol under Network (or Ethernet).
5. Click the Pick button in the Driver Selection section.
6. Under Manufacturer, choose Siemens.
7. Under Driver, select S7-300/400 TCP/IP Master, as shown in Figure 1.
8. Click OK.
9. Click on the device below the protocol, PLC1 as shown in Figure 2.
10. Set the IP Address to the IP address of the Logo! module.
Crimson Tag Mapping
The following sections show how the addresses in the Logo! correspond to the addresses available in Crimson. In the case of bits, the Red Lion address is listed as Byte.Bit. Figure 3 shows a Flag tag mapped to MB1.3 (M12 in the Logo!).
The following data is available for access from the Logo! modules that have been tested:
Analog Inputs and Outputs
Analog inputs and outputs will most likely be mapped to I or Q registers, respectively. They are 16-bit values, so Numeric tags would need to be mapped with the Byte as Word data type.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement