This document describes updating a DA50D/DA70D to a DA50A/DA70A.
FlexEdge DA50D, DA70D
Updating Crimson 3.1 based units to Crimson 3.2 based units.
* NOTE: Before starting, copy/extract the devices’ database and save it. The FlexEdge device will be factory defaulted after the upgrade.
- Copy the relevant update image file to a FAT16/32 formatted microSD card, placing it into the root folder. Download the appropriate file from below, and extract the image file onto the microSD card.
DA50D to DA50A
DA70D to DA70A
- Rename the file to image.ci3.
- Insert the microSD card into the FlexEdge device and then power on. The LED status ring will momentarily flash blue and then flash green for ~12 minutes while the unit is reprogrammed. The unit will then reboot running C3.2 as a Group 1 (Networking Only) device, signified by the solid dim white light on the LED status ring.
* NOTE: Ensure the power is not interrupted during the reprogramming state, which will render the unit inoperable and none field recoverable.
- When the device reboots, Ethernet 1 will be configured to use DHCP
- Plug an Ethernet cable, connected to a DHCP server, into Ethernet port 1 on the FlexEdge device
- Connect your PC via Ethernet cable to the same DHCP server
* NOTE: Disable PC Wi-Fi to ensure communication is only over Ethernet
Accessing the Device:
There are two methods to connect to the FlexEdge device.
1. Open the Crimson 3.2 PC application and select “Find Device” to locate the IP address of the device.
2. In the Find Crimson Device window, select “Identify” to illuminate the LED status ring of the target device. (This can be helpful if numerous devices are found.) Once the correct FlexEdge device has been identified, select “Browse” to open a web browser and access the devices web GUI. (Username/Password shown below)
- Use the mDNS name. In the address bar of a web browser type in: da50-123456.local, where 123456 is the last 6 digits of the device serial number (use da70-123456.local if connecting to a DA70A). USB updates are not currently supported.
- The default username and password for the GUI system web server are:
- Username: Admin
- Password: quotable-chevy-9898
- If the above password doesn’t work try the last 6 digits of the unit's serial number.
* NOTE: Users should change the default password upon first login.
- Next, you will have to upgrade the FlexEdge device. In the web GUI, click on the serial number at the top right of the home screen. The following screen should represent what will appear.
Select Get Device Key, to download the device-specific Device Key file, and send the .txt file to your Red Lion sales contact. (Note: Do not copy/paste/edit this .txt file). Requesting the Group 3 unlock code for a D to A controller.
Your Red Lion sales contact will process the request and return an unlock file which will be installed via the Install Unlock File button.
- The FlexEdge device will reboot and will be updated to the appropriate Group 3 features.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement