This document describes using the Siemens Modbus TCP/IP Master driver to communicate with a Siemens WinCC SCADA
Red Lion Controls CR1000 Human Machine Interface (HMI), CR3000 HMI, Data Acquisition (DA10, DA30), Data Station Plus, FlexEdge™ (DA50D, DA70D), Graphite® Controller, Graphite HMI, and Modular Controller.
Communicating with a Siemens TIA WINCC SCADA – Ver 15.1.
Red Lion has had the chance to test the Siemens TIA WINCC Scada, the mapping mentioned below are the ones that Red Lion or customers have verified with the modules that have been tested.
Siemens TIA WINCC Communication Configuration
- Navigate to the TIA Portal V15.1 section with new Project.
- Click on Project View.
- Click “Add new Device” from Project Tree.
- Select PC System >> PC Station and Click OK.
- Select IE general, network driver for PC Station.
- Click Add New Subnet to add host network driver.
- Update Local Host PC IP Address and Subnet mask in IP Protocol.
- Select WinCC RT Advance for Scada.
- Add new screen from HMI_RT_1.
- Create Add new connection and select Communication Driver Modicon Modbus TCP/IP.
- Under Parameter in connection Select CPU Type: “Concept, ProWORX: Compact, Quantum, Momentum”.
- Port : 502
- Server : Redlion Device IP Address
- Remote Slave Address : 1
- Create PLC Tag as per Data type and Address required. As shown above Figure.
- Assign elements in Screen for Monitoring Data.
- Click Save Project and Click Compile from Edit menu or press ctrl + B key to Compile the project.
- Start Simulation/Start runtime from Online.
- Stop runtime/simulation, after to stop the SCADA.
Crimson Communication Configuration
- Navigate to the Communications section.
- Click on Network (Crimson 3.x).
- Configure the Ethernet port as required for the application.
- Click on the first available Protocol under Network (or Ethernet).
- Click the Pick button in the Driver Selection section.
- Under Manufacturer, choose Modbus.
- Under Driver, select Modbus TCP/IP Slave. as shown in below Figure.
- Click OK.
- Under Driver Setting, TCP Port: 502, Session Limit: 4
- Click on the device below the protocol, PLC1 Enable Device: Yes, as shown in below Figure.
- Add Block from PLC1.
- Click Pick from Block Setting, Select Modbus TCP/IP Slave Address and Required mapped Tag from list, as shown in below Figure.
- Send Database to Redlion Device.
- Start TIA WinCC Simulation to Monitor the Value.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement