This document describes using the SNMP Agent driver in Crimson.
G3 HMI's/DSP'S/Modular Controllers/Kadet HMI's/CR3000 HMIs / Data Acquisition (DA10 & DA30) / Graphite® HMI / Graphite Controllers/FlexEdge
Transferring data from a Redlion device acting as an SNMP agent to a third party software/device which is an SNMP Manager.
Crimson 3.0, Crimson 3.1 or Crimson 3.2
Crimson Communication Configuration
1. Go to Ethernet/Network settings in the Crimson software and make sure to assign an IP Address to the redlion device. Your laptop/PC needs to be on the same IP subnet as the redlion device
2. Go to data tags section and create couple of numeric tags. Map the source -> General and assign some values to these tags. I am assigning 69 and 6 in my example below
3. Go to Network -> Protocol 1 and pick SNMP Agent as the driver.
4. Add a block under this protocol and pick generic data as data item. Map the two numeric tags created in step 2 to genD001 and genD002
5. SNMP Manager should now be able to poll GenD001 and GenD002 which would be addresses 18.104.22.168.4.1.3822.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.0 and 188.8.131.52.4.1.38184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.0 in the SNMP format. Address format is explained in the SNMP PDF attached as well as in the image below. The OID 18.104.22.168.4.1.38113 is allocated specifically to Red Lion Controls.
6. Below is the Screenshot of Paessler SNMP Tester successfully polling value of 69 and 6 via addresses 22.214.171.124.4.1.38126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.0 and 184.108.40.206.4.1.38220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.0. Local IP is 192.168.0.20 which is the laptop that has Paessler SNMP Tester running and 192.168.0.3 is the IP of redlion device running as SNMP Agent.
Here is the link for Paessler SNMP Tester.
7. Attached is the Crimson 3.2 database used in this example and also document that talks about the Crimson SNMP Driver
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement