This document describes setting up a connection that allows Red Lion device and Ignition to communicate via OPC UA.
DA10D, DA30D, FlexEdge ( DA50D, DA70D, DA50A and DA70A), CR3000 HMI's, Graphite HMI's and Graphite Edge Controller.
Establishing Communication between Red Lion device set up as an OPC UA Client and Ignition set up as an OPC UA Server.
Crimson 3.1 and Crimson 3.2
1. Install Ignition software from the link below
2. Once the software is installed, you will be directed to the URL seen in Figure 1.
3. Click on Config, go to server settings to set up the OPC UA server settings in Ignition.
Endpoint Address should be the IP Address of your NIC Card/Network adapter. In my example, it is 192.168.222.200
Everything you enter in the settings above are case sensitive. My set up did not work initially because I had security policy as none instead of None.
4. Anytime you make a change, you need to go to “Modules” and do a restart for the settings to take effect.
5. Install Designer Launcher
6. Launch Designer Launcher
7. Below are my tag folders in the Ignition design Launcher
Crimson Configuration Setup:
1. Open Crimson 3.1, go to Communications -> Network -> Ethernet 1 and set the IP Address of CR3000 HMI.
2. Go to Protocol 1 -> select OPC UA Client and set it up as below
3. Click on " Download data Model from Device". Make sure you have Ethernet connection from your Laptop running Ignition going to CR3000 HMI when this action is performed.
4. Crimson finding the nodes successfully.
5. You can also find the nodes via command prompt
6. Go to data tags, create a new tag and map the tag to OPC UA tags in Ignition
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.
For more information: http://www.redlion.net/support/policies-statements/warranty-statement