This document explains how to get Crimson® 3.2 devices to talk to Aveva Insight using the Aveva Cloud Connector. It assumes a basic knowledge of Crimson and its operation, and the ability to read and manipulate JSON. For more details on the Crimson Cloud Connectors, please consult the Crimson User Manual.
For testing purposes, an outline database can be created as described in the Crimson Cloud Connectors: Creating an Outline Database Tech Note. The outline database will be referenced when configuring the connector.
Aveva Account Setup:
Aveva Insight – Create Demo Account
- Go to online.wonderware.com
- Click sign up for Trial
- Enter details required for registration
- Go to email to verify Aveva account. This will take you to the sign on page
- Login to Aveva.
- Join or create a solution
- Create new solution
- It will take a minute to create the solution
- Aveva Insight is available for use once the solution is created
- From Aveva Main page, go to Administration
- Go to Data sources and add a new CSV/JSON data source
3. Specify a name and location (asset) for the data source
4. Copy the resulting token for use in Crimson setup later
- Go to Communications. Aveva is found under the cloud connectors as Aveva REST.
2. Go under Service tab, set Enable agent to Yes, leave the host name 1 to default of online.wonderware.com and Copy and paste the full Bearer Token from the Aveva Data Source setup into the password field. (This includes the word “Bearer” at the beginning)
3. Network Tab: Default settings can be used
Set to HTTP/1.1, use TLS-HTTPS, and port 443.
4. Tag Sets: Drag & Drop tags from Resource pane (right side) to contents field
Interacting with Device:
Now that we have configured Crimson to pass data to the cloud, we can view this data on Aveva Insight
- Go to Aveva Insight → Assets
- Select the Asset. Data should show on the asset.
It is the customer's responsibility to review the advice provided herein and its applicability to the system. Red Lion makes no representation about specific knowledge of the customer's system or the specific performance of the system. Red Lion is not responsible for any damage to equipment or connected systems. The use of this document is at your own risk. Red Lion standard product warranty applies.
Red Lion Technical Support
If you have any questions or trouble contact Red Lion Technical Support by clicking here or calling 1-877-432-9908.